CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT TERRY L. OLIVER
Chief Master Sgt. Terry L. Oliver represents the highest enlisted level of leadership at the 162nd Wing with operations at Morris Air National Guard Base, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base and Libby Army Airfield, Arizona. He provides direction for the enlisted force and represents their interests, as appropriate at the Air National Guard’s largest F-16 and Remote Piloted Aircraft wing. The wing maintains 72 F-16 Fighting Falcons to train U.S. and partner nation F-16 pilots and provide 24/7 immediate response operations in support of the North American Aerospace Defense Command. In addition the wing executes remotely piloted MQ-9 Reaper missions in support of Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and combat operations worldwide. The 162nd also provides support to the Air National Guard/Air Force Reserve Test Center missions.
Oliver enlisted in the U.S. Air Force in March 1989 and his background includes various duties in the maintenance career field. He served at Spangdahlem Air Base and has deployed in support of Operation Desert Storm and Operation Southern Watch. Prior to his current position, the chief held several various senior enlisted positions, most recently, the Maintenance Group Quality Assurance Superintendent, 162nd Wing, Morris Air National Guard Base.
1989 Aircraft Tactical Maintenance Specialist, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1993 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2006 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2006 National Guard Technician Personnel Management Course Phoenix, Ariz.
2009 Associates in Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1988 - July 1988, Aircraft Maintenance Technical Training School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. July 1988 - August 1988, Maintenance Training School, George AFB, Calif.
3. August 1988 - October 1991, Dedicated Crew Chief, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
4. October 1991 - August 1996, Dedicated Crew Chief, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
5. March 1997 - August 2004, Dedicated Crew Chief, 162nd Maintenance Group, Ariz.
6. August 2004 - April 2007, Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, 162nd MXG, Morris Air National Guard Base, Ariz.
7. April 2007 - January 2009, Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor, 195th Squadron Aircraft Maintenance Unit, MANG Base, Ariz.
8. January 2009 - December 2012, Aircraft Production Superintendent, 152nd Squadron AMU, MANG Base, Ariz.
9. December 2012 - August 2014, Senior Enlisted Advisor, Total Force Training Center, Davis Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. August 2014 - August 2017, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent, 195th Squadron AMU, MANG Base, Ariz.
11. August 2017 - April 2020, 162nd MXG Quality Assurance Superintendent, MANG Base, Ariz.
12. April 2020 - Present Command Chief Master Sergeant, 162nd Wing, MANG Base, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Effective Dates of Promotion
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 4, 2014
(Current as of May 2020)