Maintenance Group recognizes Top Performers
By Staff Sgt. Jordan Jones , 162nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published November 08, 2009
TUCSON, Ariz. -- From the 800 members of the 162nd Maintenance Group here, six were recognized as this quarter's Top Performers, Nov. 6.
The quarterly Top Performer awards focus on recognizing maintainers who consistently perform quality work, maintain safe work practices, follow technical data, and engage in quality initiatives.
The Top Performers this quarter are:
- Master Sgt. Jerry Thitchener from the Alert Detachment,
- Tech. Sgt. John Mahler from the 148th Fighter Squadron,
- Tech. Sgt. Donald Morgan from the Component Maintenance Flight,
- Tech. Sgt. Edgar Switzer from the 152nd Fighter Squadron,
- Staff Sgt. John Perkumas from the Equipment Maintenance Flight and
- Staff Sgt. Ruben Rios from the 195th Fighter Squadron.
And from the six Top Performers, the maintenance group commander, Lt. Col. James Taylor, selected Tech. Sgt. John Mahler as the Elite Performer.
Each award recipient was given a certificate of recognition and a cash award. The Elite Performer received an additional cash award, a plaque of recognition, eight hours time off, a personal parking space for the duration of the quarter and an invitation to be a special guest at the wing commander's staff meeting.