By Public Affairs, 162FW
/ Published October 25, 2010
TUCSON, Ariz. -- From the 800 members of the 162nd Maintenance Group here, six were recognized as this quarter's Top Performers, Oct 15.
The quarterly Top Performer awards focus on recognizing maintainers who consistently perform quality work, maintain safe work practices, follow technical data, and engage in quality initiatives.
The Top Performers this quarter are:
- Tech. Sgt. Robert Chumbler from the Component Maintenance Flight,
-Tech. Sgt. Jose Salas from the Alert Detachment,
- Senior Airman Christopher Heising from the Equipment Maintenance Flight
- Staff Sgt. Byron Best from the 148th Fighter Squadron,
- Staff Sgt. Andrew Gutierrez from the 152nd Fighter Squadron, and
- Tech. Sgt. Jesus Almada from the 195th Fighter Squadron.
And from the six Top Performers, the maintenance group commander, Col. James Taylor, selected Tech. Sgt. Jesus Almada as the Elite Performer.
Each award recipient was given a certificate of recognition and a cash award. The Elite Performer received an additional cash award, a plaque of recognition, eight hours time off, a personal parking space for the duration of the quarter and an invitation to be a special guest at the wing commander's staff meeting.