Family Fun Events at the 162nd
By Airman 1st Class Jackson Hurd , 162nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published August 04, 2012
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Community events here at the 162nd Fighter Wing grant Airmen and families the opportunity to kick back, relax and have an overall good time with family and friends. Here are a few events comming soon:
· The Pie in the Face event is scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 5, in the dining facility at 2:30 p.m. Dollar donations towards the person of one's choice will get a pie in their face and all proceeds benefit November's Family Appreciation Day. A winner from each category who raises the most money will get a chance to pie their supervisors!
· The 162nd car wash is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 30, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the fire station and all proceeds go toward Family Appreciation Day. Only donations are accepted.
· The last session of Summer Matters is available Saturday, Sep. 15, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. for National Guard dependents ages 6-12 on base in the dining facility. The program is designed to encourage kids to be physically and mentally fit. This event will feature a special appearance by the Tucson Padres baseball team mascot. To register call Jennifer Kartchner at (602) 629-4418 or Rich Mabry (602) 267-2658.
· The Junior Enlisted Council Softball Tournament scheduled for Friday and Saturday, Oct. 19 and 20, at the baseball field near Craycroft and Golf links. The proceeds from the tournament will go to Adopt a Family to help a family in need for the holidays.
· The Family Appreciation Day is scheduled for Nov. 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and is celebrated by members, retirees and their families here at the 162nd. FAD gives members of the unit time to spend with each other as well as an opportunity to show their families what they do when they come to drill. Tickets are available for purchase until Oct. 13. The cost for E-6 and below will be $1, while senior NCOs will donate $20 and officers $25.
Know of an upcoming official wing family or social event not listed here? Contact the 162nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs office at 295-6192 to get the word out.